Tuesday, 3 February 2009

From Russia: The Last Toy Store Carousel!


Hello,

I know this is not an individual photo but I still think that it is the best spot to post this video.

(Link to First Article on store being closed.)

I made this tiny video of a Merry-Go-Round in a Toy store that has been destroyed now. The last I heard it was being destroyed for modern stores. I was appalled at the thought and do not understand what is in peoples minds when they destroy things like this. This store is a Soviet Era store and was incredible.

The video is poor quality because it was taken on a cheap digital camera but I am glad that I got it because the store is no more.

This was a true fairyland for children and there are not many like it left in the world.

It seems a shame that we destroy all our past for a small future gains...

Kyle & Svet

comments always welcome.

3 comments:

sailor said...

So Russia is like America, razing beautiful old buildings so developers can make money giving the public "progress".

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

Hey Sailor,

Yes Russia in many many ways is just like America. I have spent 3 years here and I find very little differences from the government to the people.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

Kyle and Svet

Anonymous said...

Oh please post this video on youtube... so many others may find it. I stumbled upon your blog searching for the beauty of old Soviet carousels.

Love & Light,

T.